Have you dialed 108 ever?
Did you ever think about how these services began?
Let me tell about the amazing facts about 108.
Let’s see the history
There are separate numbers for these emergencies but, 108 aims to simplify the services by bringing them on one desk. Ramalingraju initiated this service in Andhra Pradesh on the 15th of August, 2005 intending to integrate emergency services through one number only. Initially, it was a private emergency service funded and maintained by private firms later it became a MOUs with multiple state governments in August 2007.
At present, this is a free service delivered through state- of -art emergency call response centres and has over 7016 ambulances including 996 drop back Ambulances across Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Uttarakhand, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Assam, Meghalaya, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan.
But NUMBER 108 is much beyond what we know about it.
THE SIGNIFICANCE AND BEAUTY OF 108
The number 108 appears to be a mysterious link between the past and the present, as well as the physical and metaphysical worlds. In many world religions and spiritual traditions, as well as in mathematics, astrology, and numerology, the number 108 is considered sacred.
Since ancient times, the number 108 has been highly valued, sought after by many spiritual systems, and assigned special significance in meditation and prayer.
Galileo Galilei, a physicist, mathematician, and astronomer, made an intriguing claim. He claimed that the universe is “written in mathematical language.” He insisted that the secrets of creation itself could be revealed by using numbers and mathematical equations.
It is an abundant number, a semi-perfect number, and a self-number in mathematics.
The ancient Indians were incredible mathematicians, and they were the first to recognize the significance of the number 108. They began by noticing similarities between the more sacred number 9 and the number 108. There are many more than one multiple of the other between 9 and 108. Here are a few intriguing mathematical connections between the numbers 9 and 108.
11 x22x 33 = 108. This indicates that (1 x1x 2 x 2 x3 x 3 = 108).
• The result of dividing 108 by 2 is 54, and 5 + 4 = 9.
• The result of further dividing 54 by two is 27, and 2 plus seven is nine.
• The result of adding 1 to 0 and 8 is 9 (1+0+8 = 9).
Literature– Astrophel & Stell contain 108 Love Sonnets.
Martial Arts– According to Ayurveda, there are 108 Pressure Points in the body.
Religion & Spirituality:
There are 108 beads on the prayer bead string (tulsi or rudraksha mala). In Vat savitri pooja, women perform 108 rounds (parikrama) of Vata vriksha.
• Sikhism devotees pray with 108 knots tied together as a mala, or sacred string.
• Lord Hanuman devotees recite the Hanuman Chalisa 108 times.
• In Vrindavana, there are 108 Gopis of Lord Shri Krishna.
- There are 108 Upanishads and 108 Puranas.
- Kathmandu is said to be the Buddhist capital, with 108 images of Lord Buddha erected in and around the city in honour of the Buddhist deity.
- There are 108 different names for deities. In Hinduism, each deity has 108 names.
The sun is revered as God and the ultimate source of energy. The ratio of the sun’s distance (from the earth) to its diameter is said to be 108.
•The Sun’s distance from Earth is 108 times the diameter of the Sun. Furthermore, the diameter of the Sun is 108 times that of the Earth.
• Each of our galaxy’s 27 constellations has four directions (108)
• There are 12 houses and 9 planets in astrology (12*9 = 108).
According to some, there are 108 different types of feelings, 36 of which are related to the past, 36 to the present, and the remaining 36 to the future.
• When the internal body temperature reaches 108 degrees Fahrenheit, the body’s vital organs start to shut down.
•The chakras are the intersections of subtle nerve channels or radios, and the heart chakra is said to be formed by 108 ladies. Sushumna, one of them, is said to be the path to Self-realization and leads to the crown chakra.
- According to Pranayama, enlightenment will come to those who can remain calm in meditation while taking only 108 breaths per day.
- In Sanskrit, there are 54 letters, each dedicated to masculine shiva and feminine shakti (54 x 2), for a total of 108.
- There are 12 zodiac signs and 9 planets, which add up to 108. There are also 27 lunar mansions, which are divided into four quarters. When you multiply 27 by 4, you get 108.
108 is the stitch count on a baseball and is regarded as the most auspicious number of all.
Much About 108:
- 108 beads on a mala
- 108 repetitions of a mantra
- 108 types of meditation
- 108 dance forms in Indian traditions
- 108-timeme frame in Rosicrucian cycles
- 108 gopis of Vrindavan in the Gaudiya Vaishnavism
- 108 defilements in some schools of Buddhism
- 108 earthly temptations
4 total views, 2 views today